About the role:
Assess installation requirements, plan and perform installations, test installed equipment, fault-find, troubleshoot and service telecommunications equipment mounted on high structures.
We’re in the process of building a WA Telecommunications Field Team for a National Company with offices in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & Adelaide – multiple Riggers needed & all positions are permanent full-time.
These are project based roles that will require frequent travel throughout the year. Projects / builds run on average for 2 weeks at a time and can be anywhere in WA. Crews are rotated so there is an even spread of Perth based & away work.
All accommodation & travel is paid for and organised by the company – when doing away work, you’ll be staying as a team in nice, spacious houses with full amenities. No being spread out across hotels/motels!
No on call roster.
$45-50/hr + super + site allowance + car + OT
(Roughly $120k + super + car + OT)
A standard week of work will be 38hrs per week.
The first 3hrs of overtime are paid at 1.5x, everything beyond that is paid at 2x.
What your day-to day will look like:
- Install, maintain and repair external telecommunications equipment in accordance with customer / client specification, standards and HSE guidelines
- Read and interpret construction / as built drawings to successfully complete works to a high standard
- Adjust, replace and repair faulty items, and test equipment using electronic instruments
- Identify faults using instruments such as site master and Pim tester equipment
- Complete relevant documentation on completions of works including photographic documentation and ensure all paperwork is job coded then submitted to head office in a timely manner
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Solid experience rigging in both the construction and mobile industry
- Previous experience working for a major Australian carrier / ISP – Vodafone, Optus, TPG, Telstra, Vocus, NBN Co (fixed wireless) etc.
- Full working rights in Australia – these roles offer no form of sponsorship
- Current Certificate in Rigging – Basic, Intermediate or Advanced
- Work Safely at Heights Certificate
- Licence to Perform High Risk Work
- Elevated Work Platforms Licence
- Construction White Card
- First Aid Certificate – desired but not essential
A bit about the Company:
The client is an Australian owned business that specialises in manufacturing, construction, installation and network maintenance to Australia’s major telecommunications carriers. They pride themselves on delivering top of the line core telco and electrical infrastructure products and services. A major focus of theirs is renewable energy technologies and providing innovative, unique solutions to their customers.
If you’re interested or know someone in your network who might be, please give me a call on 08 6146 4470 or send me a copy of your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org