A Manchester based software company have an exciting opportunity to join a 1st class innovative development team. The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated and dynamic team developing high-quality and successful online mobile services. Working closely with the Senior Server-Side Developer, Designers and Client Developers to develop and integrate the back-end infrastructure of the game.
You are a multi-discipline server-side developer with strong knowledge of the leading server-side development tools, software and methodologies. You demonstrate an understanding of the challenges when building successful software-as-a-service applications, balancing the requirements of game client development with efficient, scalable and performant back end systems. You must have experience of working in an agile development environment and enjoy working closely with dedicated team passionate about what they do.
- Design and implement back-end systems
- To work with 3rd party parties and help manage integration into their systems.
- To work with QA and Customer Services and solve server related issues.
Core Skills & Experience:
- C#, ASP.net, MVC (Visual Studio 2019 and ReSharper).
- Cloud development experience - caching and scaling technologies (e.g. DynamoDb and Redis), preferably on AWS or Azure.
- Experience of unit testing, BDD and different source control methodologies.
- Demonstrable relevant commercial experience.
- Strong experience of technical design.
- A passion for games is essential.
- Experience of working with relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of socket-based technologies (e.g. SignalR)
- Entity Framework/NHibernate
- Experience of high traffic distributed architecture
- Experience of online or server-based games
- Experience within the games industry
If you feel this position would be suitable for you and would like to hear more then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Matt Auton on 07939548399
If you are not open to anything right now but could recommend people who have the right skills then please share this or ask them to get in touch.