High performance robotic solutions are being delivered at an ever-decreasing cost and we are genuinely reaching a tipping point. From stock-checking and infrastructure inspection to moving material around offices, hospitals or construction sites; the business case for using a robot is starting to make sense and companies developing new commercial applications are emerging every day.
WA is looking to get onto the global map with a Greenfields pilot project that has just kicked off that will explore the opportunities for the application of autonomous mobility technology in an urban environment. Ambitious in nature, this project will investigate all aspects of self-drive technology, from hardware and software to spot opportunities in the development of the technology. This role will be on a 6-month contract initially with possibility of extensions.
One of Perth’s largest enterprises, already at the forefront of automation technology is teaming up with a Research and Development division uniting their current knowledge of autonomous mining delivery with future robotics to deliver a one of a kind pilot solution that will change the future.
- Designing and developing APIs and other components using server-less architecture
- Working closely with analysts, designers and other team members
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes
- Presenting ideas for new features and system improvements, including performance and cost improvements
- Preparation of training materials for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
- Modification and integration of ‘off the shelf’ software
The skills and knowledge required for the role:
- 5+ years' experience as a software developer
- Proficient with C# .NET or NodeJS
- Experience with server-less technologies (such as Docker and Kubernetes)
- Expertise in a range of hardware and software
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in an agile development environment with other team members
- Eye for detail and identifying problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
Highly desired skills:
- Experience with message bus technologies
- Experience with DevOps tools to enable automated deployments
- Experience with cloud (AWS)
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a collaborative and supportive team on innovative and complex technologies.
Interested to know more? Contact James Lim on 08 9325 77 88 for a confidential chat or apply now to be considered.