Imagine a dynamic environment surrounded by brilliant minds dedicated to pioneering technologies that have set the world alight with their innovative approach that has attracted strong investment to scale up their vision and support a growing user base of their ground-breaking software platform which helps companies streamline their financial processes and trading capability through their software product.
With their small team growing, they are on the lookout for a Software Engineering Manager based at their Perth CBD to focus on building, managing, focusing, and developing an engineering team that meets the needs of the business and works well within the overall system architecture.
You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers and provide leadership on complex technology issues. You will possess deep technical skills, spending most of your time building great software by directing and managing the engineers. This role will leverage your background of development, architecture, and project management.
- Provide the strategic direction for platform tooling, DevOps and Agile principles across the technology stack;
- Driving continued improvement of our client’s delivery practices with a emphasis on the key non-functional requirements of the solutions.
- Provide thought leadership and demonstrate continuous improvement of best practice tooling to create a platform for innovation, agility and application modernization.
- Contribute towards maintaining and developing the platform technical roadmap covering infrastructure, major software versions or direction changes, platform uplift requirements;
- Managing the platform capability
- Be a role model in terms of our Agile Mindset and champion the high-level adoption of agile practices
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience
- Strong communicator and collaborator, you will have a background of building trusting teams to achieve goals
- Technical Leadership within building and leading software teams in a product environment
- Proven experience in working with scalable and distributed systems focusing on commercial software development with a tertiary qualification in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 2- 4 years of hands on development of data solutions in AWS native tools in a PaaS environment
- Smart, innovative problem solver, with deep technical know-how
- Up to date on latest Software development trends
Applicants with the following additional skills will be highly regarded:
- ITIL Methodology
- Service re-engineering ( Automation and DevOps)
- Cloud based technologies (Azure/ AWS)
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of Perth’s best software teams and challenging yourself for a brilliant exciting brand that is making waves globally. Apply now for a confidential chat to learn more!