Verse Group are assisting the Department of Finance in their digital transformation, which is the biggest challenge for IT professionals as they move into a vendor, customer focused, and business orientated world. The Department has stepped up to meet the challenges.
The Department’s Corporate Services ICT has recently migrated to the Azure cloud computing platform, transitioned services to GovNext-ICT and commenced the transition to a new operating model. In the face of new challenges, the Department is planning for organisational resilience and agility in anticipating and preparing for future challenges
This role will be responsible for the strong management of the Run/Build Team that delivers ICT business performance outcomes ranging from business processes to internal controls to capture value and mitigate the risk inherent in the ICT services.
Responsibilities include: -
- Manage and lead teams to prioritise business outcomes within a cloud-based environment by planning and executing goals and requirements of service delivery across multiple locations, platforms and technologies.
- Manage and drive a team culture of empowerment that focuses on building customer relationships and the strong promotion of continuous improvement
- Provide strategic operational leadership and direction on the implementation and expansion of cloud based solutions to the organisation.
- Lead and develop effective customer engagement in order to improve service delivery and system performance including innovative solutions to disruptive technology impacting ICT services.
You will lead a team of Technical Leads and Analysts and will ultimately be responsible for the technical delivery of all ICT services across the Department. You will be a strong people manager with a natural ability to mentor and develop a team of skilled individuals reach their personal and professional goals.
- Extensive leadership and management skills that optimise outcome within a cloud based services environment.
- Demonstrated extensive technical skills and strong ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships to operate within a cloud based environment.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in building a positive team culture and continuous improvement within the context of transformational technological changes across all key activities.
- Demonstrated ability to plan for and, communicate to the team, the importance ROI and its role when driving ICT business performance versus the costs of supporting or subscribing to the cloud.
- Substantial experience in implementing and managing ICT services in a cloud based services environment and in driving continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices particularly in the areas of Capacity, Demand and Vendor Management.
- Understanding of project management methodologies including Agile, Minimum Viable Product and Lean.
- Experiences of working in projects using Agile and Lean methodologies.
- Demonstrated ICT procurement and contract management experience.
This is a great role for a technical leader who can assist the Department of Finance in enabling change. This is a Level 7 position which will include car parking in Osborne Park.
To apply for this role, please attach your resume and cover letter to your application on the WA Gov jobs site using the following link - https://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=232598
CLOSING DATE IS MONDAY 25TH FEBRUARY AT 12 NOON.