We have an immediate start for a contractor to assist one of our key clients with a Windows 2019 server migration in a VMWare vSphere environment. Your role will focus completely on this project which needs to be delivered by November and will see you become part of a supportive culture providing you with a positive work environment to complete your next contract role.
- Auditing current Windows 2008 Server fleet
- Prioritising migration of servers.
- Creation of project timeline and milestones
- Building Windows 2019 SOE Template in VMWare vSphere environment
- Deploying new Windows 2019 Servers into VMWare vSphere environment
- Migrating workloads from Windows 2008 to Windows 2019
- Preparation of weekly project progress reports
- Document new environment
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable skills and experience in the installation, configuration and remote support of Windows Servers
- Demonstrable experience in managing a VMware virtualised environments & managing VMware, vSphere
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols & services i.e.: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS
- Experience in Microsoft RDS/Terminal Server
- Ability to work in a team and provide a high level of customer service skills
- Advanced Windows Troubleshooting skills including
- Working understanding of Active Directory
- Extensive experience in medium to large enterprise or corporate environment
- Have an understanding of how to methodically self-manage projects
- Strong communication skills, the ability to work well with in house IT operations team
This role will interview and commence quickly so candidates who are immediately available or on a short notice period are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or a confidential discussion please contact Jilly McIlchere on 0893257788 or email email@example.com