We’re looking for a highly organised individual who shows initiative, thinks strategically and has strong problem solving skills to join the team of 100+ tech professionals at a Microsoft Gold Partnered Managed IT Services Provider in Perth’s northern suburbs. This opportunity is suited to someone that’s had a lot of exposure to different systems and environments and can work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
Our client opened their doors in Perth in 1996, originally helping businesses streamline processes with efficient office equipment like faxes, printers etc. 26 years later and their goal is still the same, but instead of providing clunky outdated office machinery they now provide managed IT services to hundreds of businesses across Australia. They are passionate about technology and empowering businesses by creating smart solutions and building fun, caring relationships.
The role of a Support Engineer is to deliver high quality support and project work to clients. You’ll need to be able to work both reactively, on tickets logged by clients and alerts, and proactively, performing maintenance tasks. You’ll be responsible for a diverse range of daily tasks like responding to infrastructure/networking issues and server alerts, performing migrations, project work and helpdesk tasks.
- Permanent full-time position with a base salary up to $85,000 depending on experience, plus super
- Paid for study opportunities and bonuses for further educations
- 100+ staff in WA with 12x Support Teams – join a team of 6 made up of 3 other Support Engineers, a Systems Administrator and an IT Manager
- Optional on call available for additional pay
What you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- At least 2+ years’ experience in the IT industry in a hands on technical role
- Previous networking, server and office 365 experience
- A genuine passion for IT
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to confidently diagnose technical issues and think outside of the box to come up with a resolution
- Previous experience working for a smaller managed service provider or educational institute (desirable, but not essential)
- Microsoft certification (desirable, but not essential)
- You’ll have the opportunity to study a Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking) whilst you work, paid for by the company
- Get involved with project work and work collaboratively in a supportive team
- Receive bonuses for completing additional training and further education
- Clear career progression with numerous opportunities available and excellent staff retention
- Flexibility to work from home when needed
- Join a company that feels more like a community – very sociable team with annual parties, team lunches and company seminars
The office is conveniently located right in between the CBD and the beach, about 10 minutes from each and is very easily accessible via public transport. The office is close to Perth’s homemakers’ area north of the river – lots of shopping centres and show rooms for cars, furniture, technology etc.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work for a Microsoft Gold Partner!
- Get paid to study and further your career, PLUS receive bonuses for additional education
- Clear career progression and the opportunity to work on projects
- Join a collaborative and supportive team at a company that prioritises their staff’s growth and wellbeing
If you’re interested or know someone in your network who might be, please give me a call on 08 6146 4470 or send me a copy of your current CV to email@example.com
Haven’t updated your CV in a while? No problem - send me your LinkedIn profile and we can have a chat from there.