Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions supporting a growing userbase of their ground-breaking software platform which helps companies streamline their financial processes and trading capability through their software product.
Their team is growing, so they are on the lookout for a Software Engineering Manager based at their Perth CBD headquarters sitting within the Software Engineering Team to focus on defining and enforcing best development and test practices for the team and ensuring the team are as Agile as possible in their methods of working.
This role will be key in coaching, mentoring employees on best practice approach to application development, and the delivery of change to support Business Initiatives. You will require significant cross collaboration across the Technology division and will be a key influencer, with many new relationships that must be fostered and built upon;
- Provide the strategic direction for platform tooling, DevOps and Agile principles across the technology stack;
- Driving continued improvement of our client’s delivery practices with a emphasis on the key non-functional requirements of the solutions.
- Introduction and continuous improvement of best practice tooling, and reporting
- Contribute towards maintaining and developing the platform technical roadmap covering infrastructure, major software versions or direction changes, platform uplift requirements;
- Lead project scrum teams
- Managing the platform capability
- Be a role model in terms of our Agile Mindset and champion the high level adoption of agile practices
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience
- Experience in working with scalable and distributed systems
- Proven practice translating product vision into deliverable roadmaps
- Follow best practice Agile methodologies
- Smart, innovative problem solver, with deep technical know-how
- Up to date on latest Software development trends
Applicants with the following additional skills will be highly regarded:
- ITIL Methodology
- Service re-engineering ( Automation and DevOps)
- Cloud based technologies
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of Perth’s best software teams and challenging yourself for a brilliant exciting brand that is making waves globally. Apply now for a confidential chat to learn more!