You will be joining a financial product company that has grown from strength to strength over the last 18 months with clients in Australia, the US and the United Kingdom. Our client are looking to grow their engineering team due to the increase in new projects and growth to their existing applications and code base.
You will manage the deployment and maintenance of their AWS environments, ensuring that their platform infrastructure is safe and performing at all times.
You will also be responsible for supporting their development teams and helping them to optimise their deployment and testing frameworks.
It's an exciting time for the business as they are scaling up and supporting new enterprise clients, and you'll have the ability to really make a difference every day.
Your responsibilities will include collaborating with other engineers to build a large scale AWS service, mentor team members and work with senior leaders to define your team's roadmap, including identifying design and code changes needed in the underlying open source platforms.
Your key deliverables and activities will include:
- serverless framework;Implementing and maintaining their
- Establishing and maintaining efficient and robust CI/CD pipelines;
- Develop repeatable and fast build and deployment processes;
- Oversee their API Gateway, Load balancers, and WAF;
- Contribute to the enhancement of the platform architecture;
- Prepare and maintain documentation as appropriate;
- Continuously improve our testing, CI/CD, monitoring etc.;
- Work with partners to deliver system integrations;
- Maintain robust procedures for making regular source code escrow deposits;
- Work with their SecOps team to maintain the platform’s security;
- Contribute to the ongoing refinement of DevOps processes.
You must posses these mandatory skills and qualifications:
- 5-7 years experience (mainly devops focused);
- At least 3 years in fully serverless/distributed architectures;
- Streaming experience is highly desirable (Kinesis, Kafka, etc.);
- Strong cloud experience, ideally with AWS as we make heavy use of CloudFormation templates, Terraform and StackSets ;
- CI/CD using CI/Jenkins or similar;
- Experience with containers and build orchestration e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, StackSets, ECS Fargate;
- Experience with API Gateway, Load balancers, and WAF;
- High level of self motivation and drive for results;
- Self directed learning and creative problem solving.
This role will initially be a remote role working from home
Looks like a great role? Click apply or if you wanted to discuss this role further please give James Lim a buzz on 0426 813 040 for more details on the role.