We are searching for a Senior SQL DBA to work within a project focused role for one of our global mining clients. The role would encompass design and build work, engaging and negotiating with project stakeholders, and will have a strong focus on automation. The remit of the role requires a pro-active and enthusiastic individual, with excellent communication skills who would enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced evolutionary environment.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a SQL Server DBA, at least 5 of those at a senior/architectural level.
- Experience in enterprise level project environments.
- Strong experience in architecture and implementation of HA/DR solutions.
- Strong experience in scripting via PowerShell with a focus on automation of repetitive tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure to external tools such as Splunk for monitoring/analytics or Ansible for automation would be highly regarded as would experience working in ServiceNow for service management.
- Similar experience with Oracle is an added bonus.
The ideal candidate is someone who has battle hardened experience of working with databases that contain sensitive data which needs to be available 24/7/365. A conscious commitment to continuous personal development in relevant technical knowledge, technologies, and skill development will be well regarded. You will be a confident communicator, able to build rapport and confidently work within project teams to design and deliver the database component. This is an initial 12 month contract role with possibility of extension.
For more information, or a confidential discussion, please contact Jilly McIlchere on 08 9325 7788 or email email@example.com