Reporting to the BI Delivery Manager, the Senior Business Intelligence Developer will provide technical focus for the development of BI capabilities with a focus on dashboarding using Tableau Software solutions.
About the Client:
Our clients primary purpose is to provide exceptional health care services, using the latest technologies operated by highly technical dedicated developers
This position is more than just a standard technical role; you will be a part of the strategy team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create solution design documentation
- Work closely with the Data Architect to ensure everything aligns with strategic architecture.
- Contribute towards BI Dashboard development standards and processes on a daily basis.
- Deliver Business Intelligence projects with a lot of autonomy, with technical expertise and escalating issues and risks to the management team
- Have an impact towards decisions on technology and tooling for projects.
- This position requires a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 7+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in influencing on BI projects, working with other team members across the business
- Expert level background in SQL Server (2008 to 2016), particularly tSQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Experience in using dashboards, BI visualisation tools using Tableau (Power BI would be a bonus as well)
- Experience of Data Warehousing and dimensional modelling.
- Experience using the Microsoft Azure DW/Analytics toolset, including Azure DW, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Factory and Azure Data Lake.
- Health industry knowledge in a bonus
- Strong communication skills and team player
- Multitasking skills and ability to manage priorities