Based just South of the River, we are working with a rapidly expanding media company who are recruiting for a RF Network Engineer.
Customers First: Their customer is at the heart of everything they do. They listen and deliver exceptional experiences with empathy, always.
One team?: their team works together proactively and collaboratively across boundaries. They challenge and support each other and have fun while doing it. ?
Integrity: They are open, honest and ethical in everything we say and do. ?
Be the change?: We have an endless appetite for learning. They drive innovation and move fast for commercial success.
Own it?: They are empowered, accountable and never give up. ?
To actively contribute to completing their mission and vision through a commitment to excellence in consulting, design, and delivery functions. Key focus for this role is to:
- Work with the Sales team to validate client requirements, assist with pre-sales activities and proposals (including estimating effort on tasks)
- Designing, Building, and Documenting distributed IP & RF networks with appropriate technologies, including Copper, Coaxial, Fibre and Wireless components
- Creating and updating documentation including but not limited to Design Documents, Test plans, Visio/CAD drawings, Cable registers, As-builts and more.
- Perform site audits and health checks to identify risks, issues and gaps between an existing network and the client or project’s brief
- Perform factory and site acceptance testing with client representatives
- Perform on-site commissioning of solutions in both metro and remote locations.
- Review design documents, change requests and drawings from Delivery team members.
- Actively call out risks and issues found during day to day activities on their or Client’s systems, reporting them to the appropriate team member
- Actively promote best practise security principals in all aspects of work on internal and client systems.
- Provide guidance to the R&D team on networking best practises for products in development and operation
- Supporting the Operations team to resolve priority incidents or client requests as required
- Mentoring and training to the Support team as new systems are implemented
- Actively seeking and building relationships with client peers
- Contribute to the development of the business strategies
- Contribute to the development of their network design procedures and standards
- University Degree in communications or equivalent discipline, or 5 or more years of experience in a similar Network Engineering role.
- CCNA or CCNP (preferred) Routing and Switching or equivalent.
- CCNA or CCNP (preferred) Wireless or equivalent.
- Current police clearance.
- Valid Driver’s License
- ITIL v3 Foundations (or newer)
- At least 5 years of experience designing and implementing broadband technologies such as FTTP/FTTN, DOCSIS and xDSL
- At least 5 years of experience designing and implementing wired networks, including Layer3 routing, VRF/VPC, designing of subnetting, routing protocols, firewall policy creation and management
- At least 5 years of experience designing, implementing, and reviewing Wireless networks, including performing desktop studies, passive site surveys and active site surveys.
- A solid understanding of supporting network technologies such as NTP, DHCP, DNS.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining NMS solutions
- MATV & Satellite TV design experience including coaxial distribution systems, IPTV, and STB to DVB-T modulation architecture.
- Structured cabling design experience.
- Configuration of Cisco/Mikrotik/HP/Ubiquiti switches and routers.
- Configuration of Cisco ASA/Palo Alto/Fortigate firewalls.
- Configuration of Ruckus/Mikrotik/Ubiquiti Access Points.
- Configuration of Calix/Zyxel VDSL2 DSLAMs and modems.
- Configuration of Calix GPON OLT and ONTs.
- Experience with SD-WAN
- Experience with LTE/4G/5G technologies
Particular Skills / Capabilities / Personal Attributes
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo – question things that can be improved or enhanced
- Ability to collaborate constructively with peers to achieve compromises in areas of shared responsibility
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise multiple tasks/activities
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Sound analytical and time management skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to change in a positive manner.
Key Performance Criteria
Performance will be measured on the following criteria:
- Completion of project tasks on time
- Communication with peers including Project Management, Lead Engineer / Solutions Architect, Sales and client representatives
- Quality of Documentation – including client sign off of designs and successful factory and site acceptance tests