A true leader with demonstrable experience empowering and motivating a QA/Test team in an agile software development environment. Your team will execute validation, performance, service, functional and regression testing. The role involves end-to-end definition and implementation of the company test strategy. Your experience in leading a self-reliant core test team will enable you to scale it up.
The ability to anticipate consequences, both intended and unintended is part of what will make you successful in this role.
A core part of the role is mentoring and supporting junior and intermediate developers to build their skills and capabilities and help them progress in their careers.
- Lead and execute testing strategies, process improvements and standards
- Work with development and DevOps teams to deliver automated test solutions/procedures to meet delivery landmarks. Using the latest engineering developments to accelerate delivery and customer value
- Design test strategy and testing frameworks for new initiatives.
- Ensure the types of testing needed to produce quality software are executed i.e. functional, system, integration, regression, performance and load/capacity variations and are planned to fit into the agile delivery cycle
- Upskill other team members in test automation standard methodologies
- You thrive in an Agile environment.
- Collaborate with delivery team members to ensure quality assurance and testing techniques are applied throughout the software delivery life cycle.
- Ensure the team have a shared understanding of the definition of quality
- Contribute to the estimation of test effort, tools and infrastructure set up, deployment and release activities.
- Knowledge of DevOps and continuous delivery practices
- Work with and support developers and understand the techniques and procedures they use.
- Passion for learning and sharing your insights with a team.
- Solid commercial experience creating and maintaining automated test frameworks using open source tools such as Selenium, Postman, WebdriverIO, Cucumber etc. for responsive websites and APIs
- Experience designing and maintaining end-to-end, integration and regression test systems
- You will understand the product architecture and it's implementation; it will inform you how to build test systems that exercise it in ways to prove functional completeness, performance, reliability, scalability, etc.
- For maximum points you will have a nose for figuring out how to break software (with repeatability), and show the developers how you did it.
- Knowledge of the full Quality Assurance life cycle, testing methodologies, and test automation. A passion for ability to learn new techniques and practices will be key
- Experience integrating with cloud platforms, such as BrowserStack or SauceLabs
- Ability to create and maintain automation frameworks for Performance Testing (JMeter, Gatling, Locust, etc.)
- Familiar with Code Quality Analysis tools (SonarQube, Codacy, Codecov, Clover, etc.)
- Competent in creating, maintaining and managing test infrastructure utilising Cloud and DevOps technologies (e.g., Bamboo, Jenkins, Docker, Rancher, AWS, etc.)
- Strength in creating and maintaining automation frameworks for Security Testing (OWASP ZAP, etc.)
- Other: Git, JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, AWS
- Highly regarded traits
- Highly motivated and driven and you shine when working independently with limited direction. Your consultative approach ensures that you fit in well to a team environment
- Coordination and influencing ability
- Ability to rapidly acquire an understanding of complex business problems/requirements to develop solutions and designs, regardless of existing areas of expertise or specialization
- You take a “big picture” view to creatively solve complex technical problems
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and be adaptable to change
- Strong analytical, design and consultative skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with version control and associated software – Git, GitHub, SourceTree
- Proven Diagnostic and Troubleshooting
- Experience in application monitoring and support throughout the lifecycle
- Experience hiring and developing QA engineers