This contract role requires a talented Technical Architect to work closely with IT colleagues on both company-wide programmes and smaller, but highly time sensitive projects involving external clients. You will utilise your in-depth technical skills to design robust and innovative solutions in line with the group IT strategy. This is a great opportunity to add a tangible benefit to a wide range of IT activities.
- Maintaining an awareness of the wider environment by creating and communicating standards, governance processes, approved architecture models, systems and technologies deployed and corporate and IT strategies.
- Acting as key resource in the project lifecycle, from driving the initiation and infrastructure design, to overseeing implementation.
- Producing high level and detailed technical designs and documentation for complex technical solutions. Mapping requirements onto practical, maintainable solutions, taking into account cost, quality and complexity.
- Creating and maintaining a repository for infrastructure artefacts covering the infrastructure architecture continuum.
- Participate in Architecture design reviews and other technical governance forums across the organisation representing the infrastructure team across multiple projects.
- Assisting in defining and maintaining architectural, security and technical standards, reflecting evolving technology and emerging best practice.
- Providing ongoing mentoring to others in IT, including support teams.
- Sound understanding of broader Data Centre technologies (Server, Storage, Networks, Server Virtualisation etc.)
- Design and deliver multi-tiered application infrastructure, including designing changes to existing services.
- Strong communicator, capable of understanding business requirements and translating them into IT approaches.
- Industry certification and knowledge of architecture and delivery frameworks a distinct advantage (MCSE, CCNA, TOGAF, Prince2).
This is an initial 6 month contract with further extension possible based in Perth CBD. For more information please contact Jilly McIlchere on 0893257788 or firstname.lastname@example.org