The Analytics and Data Manager role is a key member of our clients technology leadership team.
You must be an effective ambassador liaising with other parts of the business and will be responsible for defining the technology data strategy that aligns with the business goals and drives towards a data insights driven culture across functional areas.
In doing so you will work closely with the CIO and technology leaders to develop:
- Their data strategy, including the data platform architecture that aligns to our wider technology and business strategy / objectives.
- Investment business case and initiative prioritisation in conjunction with the business
- Data architecture, security and governance (in collaboration with their Information Security Manager and Risk and Compliance team)
- The skills and capabilities of those you lead and influence, through pairing to complete hands-on (technical) tasks and effective coaching
The ability to leverage knowledge, industry experience and best practices to proactively drive definition and evolution of a long-term vision to help provide cultural growth and competitive differentiation, as well as driving the corresponding roadmap(s) to accomplish this vision is central to the role.
- Several years managing data engineering teams - preferably building data products using modern big data and application tools
- Technical skills/knowledge across a combination of the following (incl. similar tools not listed!): Proprietary analytics platforms and data visualisation tools (we currently leverage Oracle BI cloud and Informatica for data warehouse but this is not an essential skill), well versed in an array of technologies and libraries such as Hadoop, Scala, Kafka, Apache Spark, Pytorch, MongoDB, Cassandra etc, data structures, machine learning & AI
- Good depth and problem-solving skills when it comes to productionising models and analytics
- A practical understanding of applying agile and product management best-practices to data and analytics
- Excellent stakeholder management with GM and executive levels, including non-technical
This is a redefined position within an innovative business where you can make a real difference. There is great opportunity to bring external thought leadership into the team and help shape an exciting data driven future for our clients business.