Verse Group are assisting the Department of Finance in their digital transformation, which is the biggest challenge for IT professionals as they move into a vendor, customer focused, and business orientated world. The Department has stepped up to meet the challenges.
The Department’s Corporate Services ICT has recently migrated to the Azure cloud computing platform, transitioned services to GovNext-ICT and commenced the transition to a new operating model. In the face of new challenges, the Department is planning for organisational resilience and agility in anticipating and preparing for future challenges.
The role is accountable for the delivery of critical enabling capabilities and services that reflects contemporary best practice to achieve the organisation’s strategic, operational and business requirements. This leads the delivery and overall management of core customer and stakeholder facing elements of ICT including the management of services delivered by external vendors and cloud providers. This is a critical leadership role that drives the development, implementation, management and continuous improvement of services in a cloud based environment in support of the Department’s digital transformation through the provision of critical service management competencies covering People, Process and Technology.
Your key responsibilities will be to:-
- Lead the ICT End-User computing team and the Procurement, Assets and Contracts team to effectively manage and execute contracts, agreements, SLAs and business outcomes in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
- Manage and drive a team culture of empowerment that focuses on building customer relationships and the strong promotion of continuous improvement to leverage on emerging technologies.
- Lead and drive IT service management functions to support ICT services and aim for continuously improving these services through the provision of self-service and automation capabilities.
- Lead and manage the process to ensure efficient management, consumption and forecasting of capacity in a consumption based model.
- Lead and manage the process to ensure efficient financial planning, management, analysis and reporting of the ICT budget; including transparency of costs in a consumption based model.
- Responsible for ensuring good vendor and contract management practices are in place to drive service excellence, control cost and mitigate the risk of increased contract value in a cloud based and outsourced environment .
- Manage and plan the service management team’s professional development and upskilling to meet the challenges of the digital transformation and the ICT’s cloud based services.
- Substantial experience and skills in driving change across a complex environment.
- Extensive leadership and management skills required to lead a multi – disciplinary team that will embrace the transformational work practices and continuous improvement opportunities required to optimise ICT services in a disruptive environment.
- Extensive experience in business engagement and stakeholder management to ensure continued delivery of efficient and effective services to enable successful business outcomes. Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, evaluate and report on ICT’s service management functions in alignment to the organisation’s strategic, business and operating plans.
- Substantial experience and ability in implementing, managing and mitigating risks associated with vendor agreements and skills in negotiation and resolution of contractual issues.
- Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with internal and external clients, stakeholders and business partners.
- Demonstrated high level conceptual, analytical and problem-solving ability within a digital computing environment.
- Significant knowledge of and experience in providing end-user computing services within a large corporate or government environment.
Desirable skills: -
- ITIL, Prince 2, TOGAF and/or equivalent qualifications.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of industry standards relevant to architecting, implementing, deploying and operating digital services
This is a Level 8 position within the Department which includes parking at the office in Osborne Park.
To apply for this role, please attach your resume and cover letter to your application on the WA Gov jobs site using the following link - https://search.jobs.wa.gov.au/page.php?pageID=160&windowUID=0&AdvertID=232594
CLOSING DATE IS MONDAY 25TH FEBRUARY AT 12 NOON.