Verse Group are assisting the Department of Finance in their digital transformation, which is the biggest challenge for IT professionals as they move into a vendor, customer focused, and business orientated world. The Department has stepped up to meet the challenges.
The Departments Corporate Services ICT has recently migrated to the Azure cloud computing platform, transitioned services to GovNext-ICT and commenced the transition to a new operating model. In the face of new challenges the Department is planning for organisational resilience and agility in anticipating and preparing for future challenges.
This position leads the delivery of high quality services to ensure ICT project services, service support and service delivery processes are in place to meet business needs in a cloud based environment. This position is a stakeholder facing role that requires the establishment and management of expectations within the business and manage the team to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
This role drives the improvement of project management methodologies used to streamline delivery of projects and continuous efficiency of ICT services in a cloud based environment.
Are you ready to be their Director of Service Delivery?
- Leads the Project Services team in the delivery of ICT projects through the appropriate methodologies and standards to ensure quality client and stakeholder service delivery.
- Leads the Technical Services team in the delivery of technical services in a cloud based environment via software as a service, platform as a services and infrastructure as a service.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction on the implementation, ongoing support and continuous improvement of services within a cloud based environment.
- Manages the demand, financial and capacity management functions to achieve optimisation and best value on investment.
- Proactively supports the contract management function to drive service excellence, control cost and mitigate the risk of increased contract value.
- Leads and drives a workforce culture of empowerment that focuses on building customer and stakeholder relationships and the strong promotion of continuous improvement in a new and disruptive technological environment.
- Builds and maintains client relationships both internally and externally in the context of achieving strategic business outcomes.
- Manages and plans the service delivery team’s professional development and upskilling to meet the challenges of the digital transformation and the ICT’s cloud based services.
- Substantial experience and skills in driving change across a complex environment.
- Extensive leadership and management skills required to lead a mixed team to optimise service management and delivery and continuous improvement in a complex technological environment.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated knowledge of governance and implementation approaches to project service and project management with the ability to draw on these to facilitate delivery of projects in a cloud based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, evaluate and report on ICT’s projects and service delivery functions in alignment to the organisation’s strategic, business and operating plans.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in implementing, managing and mitigating risks associated with contracted services and business engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Significant knowledge of and experience in providing strategic information technology consulting services within a large corporate or government environment.
- Possess Prince2, MSP, and ITIL, TOGAF and/or equivalent qualifications.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or an equivalent level of skills, knowledge and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of industry standards relevant to architecting, implementing, deploying and operating digital services.
This is a critical leadership role that is responsible for the reliability, availability, supportability and continuous improvement of the ICT cloud based infrastructure in support of the Department’s critical business functions.
The closing date for this position is Monday the 25th February at 12 noon. Please submit your resume and cover letter to the WA Gov website directly using the link below.