We have been engaged to search for an experienced SQL DBA who can assist in building an internal function for our client. We need to find someone who is experienced across all facets of database administration, having played lead roles in upgrade or installation projects and is now ready to take their technical skills in a different direction.
You will work closely with the Development, Data Science and Analytics teams to ensure that the function is designed appropriately for business needs and they get the most out of the complex data collated.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide direction on database design and ensuring databases are implemented and maintained well.
- Ensure database platforms are highly available across the group.
- Manage complex Microsoft SQL server merge replication environments.
- Manage and maintain security standards and controls
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems with other systems administrators, database administrators, software developers, and commercial business colleagues.
- Supporting the rapid development and deployment of internal software and systems, take ownership of group data model supporting development, testing and production environments to support Group IT and Bi teams.
- Providing strategic insight and data driver development support for the organisations business services
- Configure, tune and manage all SQL databases.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of backup, proactive maintenance and disaster recovery plans.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive approach.
- 7+ years’ experience as a DBA
- Strong skills in the Microsoft SQL server toolset, 2008-2016
- Demonstrable experience in Microsoft replication.
- Excellent planning and organisation techniques.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to investigate errors and performance issues.
- Good experience with SQL Server database performance tuning.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and problem solving skills.
- Advanced replication practices
- Microsoft BI stack experience
- Degree or Equivalent.
- Experience leading and facilitating meetings.
- Experience within a software development or business transformation environment.
- Understanding of document control activities.
- Cloud experience an advantage
This is a permanent role, based in Perth CBD and will suit someone technical who displays a commercial outlook. Cloud experience is not essential for this position but the company has a plan to migrate to Azure, providing you with some vital cloud exposure further down the line.
For more information, please contact Jilly McIlchere on 0893257788 or apply through this website.