High performance robotic solutions are being delivered at an ever-decreasing cost and we are genuinely reaching a tipping point. From stock-checking and infrastructure inspection to moving material around offices, hospitals or construction sites; the business case for using a robot is starting to make sense and companies developing new commercial applications are emerging every day.
WA is looking to get onto the global map with a greenfields pilot project that has just kicked off that will explore the opportunities for the application of autonomous mobility technology in an urban environment. Ambitious in nature, this project will investigate all aspects of self-drive technology, from hardware and software to spot opportunities in the development of the technology.
This role will be on a 6 month contract initially with possibility of extensions.
Our client is one of Perth’s largest enterprises, already at the forefront of automation technology and is teaming up with a Research and Development division uniting their current knowledge of autonomous mining delivery with future robotics to deliver a one of a kind pilot solution that will change the future.
Throughout 2019 as the pilot progresses, you will be a key member of the engineering team working closely with stakeholders and will ensure our solutions delight them at the technical level resolving issues quickly and feeding back opportunities as they arise. You will provide a crucial link between technical and commercial functions.
- Designing, testing and building robotic and automation systems
- Integrating software systems with hardware (sensors, actuators, embedded systems)
- Designing and implementing software algorithms
- Documenting robotic application development, maintenance, or changes
- Developing specifications
- Developing efficiency studies and quality control reports
- Providing technical support for robotic systems
Key skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant engineering field (mechatronics, electronics, or robotics)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in software development or significant experience on software development projects
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong embedded systems comprehension skills
- Proficient in C++ programming language
- Able to demonstrate a technical proficiency in one or more autonomy disciplines (machine control, perception, planning, localization, safety, security, etc)
- Understanding of modern robotic technology frameworks
- A PhD. in computer vision or robotics
- Experience with commercial robotics or drone systems
- Experience with robotics hardware
This is an exciting opportunity to join a future focused project within a high – growth industry and play an important part in the future of WA autonomous robotics.
Interested to know more? Contact James Lim on 08 9325 77 88 or apply now.